CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Diet Nightmares and Successes

I've never written a blog but I've also never been so incredibly fat! This blog is for those who know me and those who don't to gain some inspiration. It's also for me- if it's out in cyber space I can't cheat and I can't fail at this. I have about 25 pairs of jeans in my closet from size 26 to 33. My goal is to go down until I am my ideal size. If I can help just one person with their weight loss goals this will be worth it.



I plan on getting embarassing on here, so be warned!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

The things crazy people say.....

So today was a bad day!

It was my grandma's 82nd birthday and we had a dinner at my aunt Mary's. Obviously the diet does not account for family occasions (full of bad bad bad things to eat). I brought the veggie tray so I munched off that for the most part (dipped two pieces of celery in the nacho dip).

For supper I had three chicken legs (bad bad bad) a tablespoon of potato salad (worse worse worse) and salad covered in salt/pepper/olive oil and vinegar (not so bad but still).

I didn't eat the greatest, but then again knowing I was going there I didn't eat a lot during the day. The hardest part about eating bad foods like this is that it is NOT fullfilling. I'm STARVING! I might have to have a second supper just to get my tummy to stop rumbling!

I still feel good about myself though- 13 pounds is kind of a big deal. I felt great- until my uncle (who shall remain nameless) said to me "aren't you supposed to be on a diet". I replied, "I am". His response "Well you don't look like you've lost any weight at all". Horrified, I said "I've lost 13 pounds". Of course, for good measure he said "well you don't look like it."

Granted this uncle of mine (who shall still remain nameless) suffers from Schizophrenia. It's unfortunate, it really is (same uncle who about two years ago asked me when I got knocked up- not pregant at the time, just fat).

It upsets me because children and people with mental disabilities say the things everyone wants to say, but nobody ever does. It hurts because I see myself as this totally fat person, and obviously I'm not the only one.

Ben says he sees things the way he sees them in his mind, and not the way the general public does. He says Rome wasn't built in a day and these things take time.

My response: I'm still fat!

0 comments:

Post a Comment