CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Diet Nightmares and Successes

I've never written a blog but I've also never been so incredibly fat! This blog is for those who know me and those who don't to gain some inspiration. It's also for me- if it's out in cyber space I can't cheat and I can't fail at this. I have about 25 pairs of jeans in my closet from size 26 to 33. My goal is to go down until I am my ideal size. If I can help just one person with their weight loss goals this will be worth it.



I plan on getting embarassing on here, so be warned!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

182 Pounds is Nothing to be Proud Of!

As I went to get dressed this morning it hit me- I was so happy about losing weight but I can’t let that allow me to get lenient. 182 pounds is still over 40 pounds before I can wear my jeans again. I still have nothing to wear!

Am I super duper proud of the fact that I’ve lost 8 pounds in 7 days?- of course. Am I going to keep going?- Of course! The whole point of this is to get back into my wardrobe and stop crying when I have nothing to wear. I have a closet literally bursting with clothes. (oh and to kick ass in the biggest loser challenge at work and take home some money to buy some clothes in my new size! LOL)

Tip for food: Salsa on your egg whites makes it delicious- and it’s totally allowed!
Instead of oatmeal if it’s unbearable- have a half a baked potato in the morning- you need your carbs first thing in the morning.

1 comments:

Weezy (Mom)/ Poppy (Dad)

Hey Jen...you should be proud of your 8lb. loss...good job! Been reading your blogs and you sound just like me... I too have been a junky, high cal eater over the years and now am the owner of 193lbs...which is at least 40-50lbs over my ideal weight. However, I've noticed as I'm aging that my ideal weight is more forgiving and I've also noticed that as I'm aging it is MUCH harder to lose even ONE pound! So kuddos to you for taking your weight loss efforts so seriously at your young age! Sounds like your program is VERY strict... Just wanted to mention another couple of programs...one I've tried and been VERY successful at and the other is being talked about on Dr. Phil and The Doctors right now...they even have a challenge going on with the second one. I own EVERY diet book in the world...so I am sure to order this one soon.

The first one is "Martha Vineyards - 21 Pounds in 21 Days Diet Detox". The program detoxifys your body...which is good to kickstart our bodies and cleanses toxins etc...to allow the weight loss process to take effect. It involves a lot of drinking of your food...fruit drink/green powders. I must say it takes a lot of will power to do this...but I did lose 21 lbs in 21 days the first time I tried it...and felt AMAZING! It involves other things like rebounding, walking, infrared saunas, kidney cleanses, and colonics (which ARE AMAZING)...talk about overnight 2-3 lb losses with these!).

The other program is the 17 Day Diet... Apparently this is available online only and it gives you a program to follow for 17 days...and then it changes to another 17 day program...and then another 17 day program...and finally another 17 day program. Their theory is 4 cycles of 17 day programs...that vary the menus about the time you may plateau to continue the weight loss. Haven't ordered or tried this one...as we are leaving for the Dominican at the end of the month for 2 mos...but hope to try it on my return. Wish I knew about it sooner so I could have tried to shed some of this weight before the DR. Oh well...beach whale look I will be sporting...unfortantely! The website for this book is www.17daydiet.com

Sounds like you're off to a good start! I'm cheering you on girl... Good luck! Love the idea of this blog... They say people who journal are more likely to succeed at weight loss efforts... Hugs...Ben's cousin Louise

Post a Comment