CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Diet Nightmares and Successes

I've never written a blog but I've also never been so incredibly fat! This blog is for those who know me and those who don't to gain some inspiration. It's also for me- if it's out in cyber space I can't cheat and I can't fail at this. I have about 25 pairs of jeans in my closet from size 26 to 33. My goal is to go down until I am my ideal size. If I can help just one person with their weight loss goals this will be worth it.



I plan on getting embarassing on here, so be warned!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

MMMM Delicious

So today I ate really really really good things!

Ben and I went on a mission (lets put the fact that I got in a mini car accident and wrecked my rear bumper aside for this entry) to find a butcher. We went to all these different places and I was an hour late on eating lunch- just trying to find chicken tenders.

I've decided that chicken breasts are dry and disgusting! I love love love chicken tenderloins but the issue is they cost 7 bucks for a minimal amount at the grocery store, and even then most grocery stores don't even carry them.

After smashing my car at one we tried an organic butcher and VOILA. The gentleman in the back came out and asked us how many we wanted. I ordered a kilo and he asked to give him a few minutes while he chopped up some chickens.

With my bag of tenders in tow I rushed home (lets put the fact as well that I really really really wanted to go see a movie with some friends today at one that I missed to run errands like groceries and get dog food and smash up my car). Neda told me I can buy a Jamaican seasoning called "Cool Runnings" Buffalo Chicken seasoning. I compared all the cool runnings packages and the one with the least bad ingredients was the All Seasonings.

Let me tell you- it was crazy spicy- but AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS! I now remember what good food actually tastes like. I have pretty severe acid reflux and I haven't had to take a Nexium since I started this diet (which proves eating healthy really does affect your health). This is the first time I've been allowed to have seasoning, and I can only hope it doesn't start heartburn. I'm SO happy. I have great chicken fresh from a farm in Ontario and I have it spicy and fiesty! Even Ben was eyeing my chicken (he had a huge steak and he still ate one of my tenders that's how good they are).

On the cheating side- I'm not sure but I think I might have cheated today. At the same butcher they had fresh turkey bacon. It's actually huge pieces of ground turkey meat pressed into strips. Another delicious moment of the day (I'm not supposed to have delicious dark meat which is why I think it was a cheating moment).

On the plus side- I've now lost 11 pounds. I did my fitness assessment at the gym yesterday evening and although the trainer said I'm extremely out of shape he said he can rarely say this about someone, that he can see it in my eyes that I'm sincere about this and I'm going to succeed. I know he meant it because he didn't even try to sell me personal training.

On the minus side- I got really depressed about smashing my car and I just wanted to eat all the wrong things. I didn't, but I wanted to. There is a direct correlation between how I feel and what I eat. When I was stressed to the max at D+H I sometimes would eat until I was physically ill. I just need to stop thinking of food as comfort. I feel great and I want to keep on feeling great- gorging myself on delicious Maltesers and Cake and Pizza will make me feel good for two minutes and then I will just feel bad about myself.

I'm moody, I'm insecure, I might even be a bit sad but today Ben told me I'm beautiful and for the first time in a long time I said "Thank You" (Usually my response has been "you're crazy")

(If you want to purchase the cool runnings seasoning, I've only ever seen it at No Frills)

0 comments:

Post a Comment