CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Diet Nightmares and Successes

I've never written a blog but I've also never been so incredibly fat! This blog is for those who know me and those who don't to gain some inspiration. It's also for me- if it's out in cyber space I can't cheat and I can't fail at this. I have about 25 pairs of jeans in my closet from size 26 to 33. My goal is to go down until I am my ideal size. If I can help just one person with their weight loss goals this will be worth it.



I plan on getting embarassing on here, so be warned!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A day in the life.....

7:23am- Woke up this morning to work out with the Kinect at 6:30. I did a cardio personal training session, a kickboxing fitness class and finished it off with some thai chi. Thai Chi is the hardest exercise I have ever done but definitely the most rewarding! I feel more awake and definitely more energized.

Ben’s been getting more active too! He’s been dancing with me and playing hockey in the evenings. We’re becoming an active household, we just need to get our chubby lazy dog in on the action (according to our groomer and our vet Oscar is packing on the pounds).

Diet today is no different than yesterday. Soon I will need to change it up a bit. There is only so much chicken I can eat !

Here’s a typical day (the schedule was posted a little while ago)
Breakfast:
Egg Whites (approx 6)- totally gag-worthy
Oatmeal- 20 grams (about ¼ cup)- to sweeten add teaspoon of peanut butter and it’s still unbearable but suck it up buttercup! (mmmmm….. Buttercup)

1st Snack of the day,
0% vanilla yogurt with 3 strawberries cut up (about three tablespoons of yogurt) and a teaspoon of granola
1 rice cake (plain, nothing on it and no salt)

Lunch:
Spinach salad with a chicken breast, grilled (seasoned with sodium free Mrs. Dash seasoning). Chicken breast should be larger than your fist if your fists are small like me. Add two or three grape tomatoes if you’d like but it’s preferred not. Dressing (I asked, it is allowed but not store bought) is balsamic vinegar and olive oil. No salt.

2nd Snack of the day,
Cottage Cheese (about three tablespoons)
Protein Shake (you can make it into a smoothie by adding ice and strawberries or peach- just go very very easy on the fruits)

Supper:
Turkey Breast- grilled again with the same seasoning
Asparagus- about a cup boiled.

Notice how the ingredients are very few and far between. No butter. Everything if it is fried is fried with Pam. No salt. No sugar!

Best part is the results- worst part is the cravings (which I have not yet had but I anticipate will be brutal).
Eventually- like in 21 days- you will be able to add in some ingredients and if you see some crazy results you will be allowed a cheat meal (like going to the movies and eating popcorn). Eventually, you will be allowed a cheat day (like in another 21 days).

This diet will need to be adjusted based on how much physical activity you do. This is a lot of protein- and practically no carbs (bread lovers unite but unfortunately you will only be allowed to dream of a sandwich at this point).

I was told this is going to be extremely difficult- maybe I just want it bad enough to stick with it but I’m finding it quite easy to stick to. I’m never hungry on the schedule and some of the food is tolerable (good thing I’m writing this at 6:30pm and breakfast is long over or you would be hearing a very different story about evil oatmeal and its gag worthiness).

I love the response to this blog! Those who are doing it too- no matter what diet or exercise you do- let me know how much you lose and we’ll tally up as a team!

0 comments:

Post a Comment