CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Diet Nightmares and Successes

I've never written a blog but I've also never been so incredibly fat! This blog is for those who know me and those who don't to gain some inspiration. It's also for me- if it's out in cyber space I can't cheat and I can't fail at this. I have about 25 pairs of jeans in my closet from size 26 to 33. My goal is to go down until I am my ideal size. If I can help just one person with their weight loss goals this will be worth it.



I plan on getting embarassing on here, so be warned!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Let's all discuss how Skinny I am :)

Hello my fellow weight loss journey participants.

I'm skinny!!!

Ok not quite there yet..... but I'm almost there. I've lost 25 pounds since I started this journey. Another 25 pounds to go and I'll be at a weight I have not been at since I was a teenager.... or at least since my second year of university.

Right now I'm wearing my old jeans from my closet.... ones I bought when I started to gain weight. I'm in a size 30 in jeans and I've been buying size 8's for all my summer clothes. I bought a shirt in a size large without trying it on (by habit) only to find I was swimming in it. I returned it for a medium. When I go shopping, people in the stores assume I'm a medium (or even a small sometimes) when they go to get me a size... that hasn't happened since.... well for a very long time!

How do I feel? FREAKING fabulous! My confidence level is way up! Every time I go in my closet to try something on I never thought I would wear again- it feels amazing. I held on to all these clothes (for one because most of them are designer jeans and whatnot) thinking that I wouldn't fit in to them but they cost so much darn money that I couldn't let them go. But there was always a small part of me that wanted to get to this point. The part of me that was doing crash diets and fad workouts and secretly binge eating when I didn't acheive any weight loss fast enough. I still have half a closet full of clothes that are too small for me, and about four pairs of my favorite jeans I lent to my sister that I am DYING to fit into!

Jenny Craig is an amazing program! I really couldn't do it without Darcie. She is sooooooooooooooooo supportive.

They recently introduced some new lunch foods, that I ordered and tried. I believe my exact words when I sent an email to Ben that day were "OMG.... best frozen meal I have ever had." I'm intensely sick of eating frozen meals all day long.... BUT.... I'm at my half way point. This week, Darcie and I are going to discuss how to incorporate my own meals into the plan. I'm going to start cooking for myself meals that mirror the portions I am currently eating. It's a big challenge but I think I need to let go of the crutch that the food has become (but not all the way of course).

As for exercising- I took a week off when we had Ben's kids down here. When I went to get back to it- I discovered my knee is completely out of whack. I could barely do a full program. I need to sign myself back up for Aqua Fitness. My indoor soccer league might not run because we are missing three girls to sign up- which I am somewhat relieved about since my knee is all mad at me for some reason.

Back to Physio I go!

What's the best part about losing 25 pounds? My relationship with Ben is getting SO much better because I am becoming a more confident person. We were fighting quite a bit before- but he's working on what he needs to work on, and I had no idea how miserable a person I was until I realized how much more happy I could be with this weight loss. My emotions and my overeating were  not only dragging me down, but my relationship was coming with me. Now I just walk around saying.... LOOK AT MY BELLY... ITS ALMOST GONE! lol

If I could become a spokesperson for Jenny Craig, I would totally do it! 25 pounds and I'll be in a bikini on the beach in Cuba sipping my water (because alcohol has too many calories LOL)... and my tattoo reward is looking like it will be soon- so I need to find an amazing artist to draw my concept. Any suggestions would be amazing!

Ciao for now! I'd love to hear similar weight loss journey successes! Please post a reply :)

1 comments:

Ashley

Wicked Jen!!! I'm so proud of you!! Everything is related, body, mind and soul. You can do it :)

Post a Comment